Can I donate by cheque?

Yes. Donations by cheque can be sent via Canada Post to CANHAVE Children’s Centre, Inc., 10 Chesterton Drive, Ottawa, ON K2E 5S9.

Can I donate by credit card?

Yes. Donations may be made at our fundraising events or by mail via credit card (either Visa or MasterCard or American Express). Please select the button below to provide the necessary information re: the credit card.

Click donateto donate

Can I donate online?

Yes. Donations may be made directly to CANHAVE by e-transfer to [email protected]

Alternatively, donations can be made via our website through CanadaHelps, which issues charitable donation receipts directly to the donors, and then transfers the donation, less a small fee, electronically into the bank account for CANHAVE.

Can I get a charitable receipt for my donation?

Yes. CANHAVE Children’s Centre, Inc. is a registered charitable organization with the Canada Revenue Agency. Official charitable receipts for income tax purposes are issued at the end of each month for donations made received during the month.

Can I direct where I want my donation to be spent?

Yes. Donations may be directed for general use or to one or other of the programmes supported by CANHAVE, as follows: (a) child sponsorship; (b) post-secondary scholarships; other specific projects.

Can I make an in-kind donation?

Yes, if the item to be donated meets a specific need of CANHAVE. However, to receive a charitable receipt for the donation, CANHAVE must be provided with written proof of the value of the item to be donated (e.g. bill of sale), and accept the documentation prior to the transfer of the donated item.

Can I make a donation of securities?

Yes, donations of securities are welcome, and can be made through our broker, using the form available for download here. Please note:

A transfer of publicly traded securities may have income tax advantages for you as the donor.  This should be discussed with your broker/financial advisor.  If you decide to make a donation of publicly traded securities, please complete the form included on the website, and forward copies of the form to:

  1. your broker who will arrange the transfer of shares to CANHAVE Children’s Centre Inc.; and
  2. the treasurer of CANHAVE at [email protected] or by mail.  The copy to the treasurer is necessary to ensure that a donation receipt is issued for your gift.
Who in Uganda is responsible for seeing my donation is spent wisely?

The work of CANHAVE Uganda is overseen by a group of volunteer trustees. The trustees appoint a volunteer board of directors in Uganda to oversee the Children’s Programme in Uganda. Each year the board of directors in Uganda submit, through the trustees, their proposed budget and request for funding support to the board of directors in Canada. These are carefully reviewed by the directors in Canada, prior to approval of the annual budget for CANHAVE.

How does CANHAVE transfer money overseas?

CANHAVE Children’s Centre, Inc. in Canada arranges via wire transfer through our local Canadian bank to transfer funds to a partner bank in Uganda. The trustees of CANHAVE Uganda are notified of each transfer, and send to the board of directors in Canada confirmation from their bank in Uganda of the receipt of funds, showing the amount received and the conversion into Ugandan shillings.